B5806 - GRAB BARS - CONCEALED MOUNTING WITH SNAP FLANGE
GRAB BARS - CONCEALED MOUNTING WITH SNAP FLANGE
• Constructed of 18-gauge (1.2mm), type 304 satin-finish stainless steel tubing in 1 1⁄4” diameters.
• Concealed mounting flange 1⁄8” (3mm) thick, type 304 stainless steel plate,
2” W x 3 1⁄8” H (50 x 80mm), with screw holes for concealed anchors.
• Cover is 22-gauge (0.8mm), type 304 stainless steel with satin finish, 3 1⁄4”
• Cover snaps over mounting flange to conceal screws.
• Peened nonslip gripping surface available.
• Optional mounting kits and anchor devices are available.
GRAB BAR BARRIER-FREE WASHROOM GUIDELINES:
Diameter of grab bars should be 1 1⁄4” to 1 1⁄2” (32–38mm) with 1 1⁄2”
(38mm) clearance from the wall. Grab bars should not rotate in their fittings.
The required mounting height is universally 33” to 36” (840–915mm) from
the centerline of the grab bar to the finish floor. The structural strength of all
grab bars and their mounting devices should withstand more than 250
pounds of force (1112 N). For all Barrier-Free toilet compartments, individual
toilet rooms and guest bathrooms, it is recommended that a 36” (915mm)
minimum horizontal grab bar be installed on the back wall over the toilet and
a 42” (1065mm) minimum horizontal grab bar be installed on the side wall
or partition nearest the toilet. This can also be accomplished with a single
horizontal two-wall grab bar.